Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Better than Chick fil A lemonade

Don’t worry, I still love me some Chick fil A lemonade. But homemade is just a teeny bit better. Especially when made with lemons I grew in my own backyard!

1 and 1/4 cups lemon juice (I’ve used Meyer and Ponderosa for this and both are great)

4 cups water

5/6 cup sugar (I know it’s a weird, obnoxious measurement. Just eyeball it)

Pour lemon juice into pitcher and add the sugar. Stir to combine. Add water. Stir and chill. 

These are just guidelines. Feel free to adjust as desired. I personally like my lemonade with a bit of a kick so I kinda go light on the water.  It’s especially helpful if I’m going to pour it over ice so that the melting ice doesn’t water down my lemonade. Because I’m not really gonna wait for it to chill in the fridge. 

Enjoy!

No comments: